Youth Basketball Clinic (5th-8th Grade)
Time & Location
About the event
Coaches Jerry Powell, Pat Quinn, Lewis Clinch, and Ed Lovelace provide a highly effective basketball developmental workload for youth boys and girls of all skill levels. To compliment the superior hands-on coaching, we have implemented the most effective and state of the art technology platforms known within the sports training industry. The technology in our facility allows our team of coaches to analyze and track player data in real-time for instant feedback and development. Athletes mental and physical skills will be tested, tracked, and improved upon during this developmental clinic. Our proprietary sports curriculums are fine-tuned to accommodate the goals of each athlete and build confidence in their abilities, while cementing their love for the game. Athletes will gain insight into what it takes to be the best athlete they can be. Each athlete will receive an S24 Dri-Fit T-Shirt and Shorts.
Jerry is one of the top basketball trainers in the country, leading the way with his own basketball academy, Basketball Results at the Annex. For the past 16 years, countless athletes from top NCAA, NBA, WNBA, and other professional organizations have made trips over to his facility in New Jersey, wanting a piece of his expertise. Jerry has trained athletes on teams such as the Detroit Pistons, Los Angeles Clippers, Philadelphia 76ers, Dallas Mavericks, Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat, New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets, Phoenix Suns, New Orleans Pelicans, and more. Throughout his career, Powell has developed over 500 drills and is known to make players quicker, sharper, and better equipped for game time.
Pat has been a player development coach for the past 16 years and has been working alongside Jerry Powell since the beginning of his career. He got his start in college, where he played for a Division 1 school. He then went onto training with Jerry as he learned the systems and applications that have molded some of the top basketball players in the world into who they are today. Pat has trained top basketball athletes such as Marko Jaric, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Skylar Diggins-Smith, Andrea Bargnani, Chasson Randle, Jonathan Kuminga, and many more.
Lewis got his start playing for Georgia Tech, then went onto play professional basketball overseas. Throughout his professional career, he became an outstanding leader and coach to his fellow teammates, as coaches actually looked to him for tips and drills. After his professional career, he became involved in coachig from a developmental level to NBA level with his own successful coaching program designed for youth athletes to professional athletes.
Ed, the S24 Labs Director of Speed, has experienced unbridled success on and off the field and around the world, as he teaches the truth about speed, strength, and flexibility. He attended Arizona State University where he double majored in exercise physiology and ran track & field, is a 2x U.S. Olympic trial participant, and is a former world class sprinter.
Each day will go from 8:00am - 11:30am
- S24 Labs introduction
- Coaches will assess each athlete and get baseline metrics, identifying areas of weakness
- Coaches will use assessment results to group athletes by skill level
- Tips, drills, and game-like situations will be applied to focus on skills such as: dribbling, defense, shooting, court coverage, game pace, recovery, game application, game theory, and self-performance assessing
- Athletes will leave with a greater understanding of their skill level and what it takes to be the best athlete they can be
COVID-19 Safety Precautions:
The health and safety of our athletes and coaches is our top priority, therefore space is limited to 50 participants. We are the safest sports training facility in the country, with a patented Sozo Door System that uses a non-invasive temperature reader, disinfecting UV light, and antibacterial and antimicrobial solution mister upon entering the building. The facility is also equipped with large ceiling fans dispersed throughout which destroy bacteria and viruses in the air. The combination of both of these technologies, along with our safety protocols below ensure a clean and safe environment for everyone in the facility. Additional safety protocols include:
- Parents cannot enter the facility (they must drop-players off)
- Players must bring their own water and equipment
- Players should not enter the facility until their assigned program time
- Players who are feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 should not enter the building
- Anyone entering the building will need to pass a temperature check
- Masks are required at all times
- Please review the COVID-19 Athlete Safety Precautions located at the top of our website
- Youth Basketball Clinic$225+$5.63 Service fee$225+$5.63 Service fee0$0